The main themes of the EVS project “Sea is Life” are education, focusing on nature and the environment, active citizenship and youth creativity. The objective of the project is to continue to raise awareness in the local community and the wider public about the importance of sustainable development and unused local community resources. It also aims to educate people about the ISE Centre with help of European Voluntary Service. The project commences at the beginning of January each year and runs for 8 to 12 months.
Our main activities are:
- organising different seminars, workshops, presentations according to current projects
- running Island Sustainability Education Centre
- organising exhibitions, children educational and creative workshops, interpretation of natural and cultural heritage of Murter area to visitors of the centre, creating publications and other promotional work for ISEC
- development and implementation of different education programs (nature, environment) for preschool children
- organising different voluntary actions in the community connected with sustainable development
- networking with other local and regional stakeholders and international partners etc.
More information you can find click at the image below